- Steering Committee : The Platform’s activities will be coordinated by a Steering Committee composed of the UfM co-presidency, the Secretariats of the three platforms and the animators of the Working Groups. At the meetings of the Steering Committee Government representatives of UfM Members are invited to participate.
- Secretariat : The “Observatoire Méditerranéen de l’Énergie” (OME) will run the Platform’s secretariat in close coordination with the UfM co-presidency. The Secretariat will report to the Platform Steering Committee and governing body and will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the Platform activities. The Secretariat will assure the smooth implementation of the work programme, including the organisation of meetings and events, and progress reports, as well as the supervision of the deliverables to be submitted to the Steering Committee and Platform governing body. In addition, the Secretariat will be responsible for implementing the communication activities of the Platform. It will also be the main interface between stakeholders and the working groups and the Steering Committee.
- Working Groups : If appropriate, the Platform may be supported by one or more working groups on specific relevant themes. Each working group will appoint an animator. The working groups will work in close cooperation with the Platform Secretariat, under coordination of the Steering Committee. The working groups will be open to all Government representatives of the UfM Members and other relevant stakeholders.
The Platform will meet at least once a year and is the governing body. Decisions of the Platform will be taken by UfM Members States by consensus. The Platform will be responsible for approving its work plan.
The Platform meetings will be co-chaired by the UfM co-presidencies and by the Representative of the country hosting the meeting. Platform meetings will be open to:
- representatives of the UfM Member States ;
- the UfM co-presidencies and the UfM Secretariat ;
- representatives of public and private stakeholders, such as regulatory authorities, gas transmission systems operators, appropriate networks or associations, private sector actors, project promoters, financial institutions and any other relevant stakeholders.
The UfM Gas Platform may also decide to invite additional representatives or independent experts to some of the platform meetings.